Bauerfeind AG companies are renowned specialists in the area Orthopedics and Foot Orthopedics and their products have been used by professional and Olympic athletes from soccer players to bobsledders, wrestlers, runners and canoe racers. See the Comparison Chart of Bauerfeind Knee Braces.This brace can be used to treat: Patellar subluxation, Chondromalacia,. Patellar dislocation, Osgood-Schlatter’s disease after lateral release surgery, anterior knee pain, Patellar instability, Osteoarthritis. When inactive for long periods of time, you need to give your knee a break from this brace. And never wear it to sleep. Subluxation =An incomplete or partial dislocation of a joint.
The Bauerfeind GenuTrain p3 is specifically designed to treat subluxation or shifting and patellar dislocation tendency (aka. patellar lateralization)
This is the new and improved stabilizing knee brace from Bauerfeind. Here are some specific conditions for which this brace was designed:
|The Bauerfeind GenuTrain P3 is an anatomically-designed knitted knee support that incorporates a contoured silicone insert surrounding the patella which counteracts lateralization of the patella.|
- Specifically designed to treat patellar subluxation or shifting and patellar dislocation tendency (aka. patellar lateralization)
- Runner's knee (chondromalacia)
- Has active knee support for patella control
- Post op after arthroscopic lateral release surgery for patella
Designed to be worn during activity. Do not wear
This brace won’t ‘cure’ a wandering patella. But it can be used both before and after a surgery to correct patella maltracking. During activity, the insert not only counteracts patellar malalignment but provides intermittent compression for the reduction of swelling around the knee.The surgery known as lateral release is a procedure that will cause the knee to swell and become weak for several weeks after surgery. Sometimes it takes several months.
I'm confused! Which one is for me?
GenuTrain P3 can also be useful for the management of symptoms and additional problems that may develop secondary to patellar subluxation, such as significant shear forces and excessive contact stresses that result in degeneration of the joint cartilage. According to an study, in follow up, painful symptoms were alleviated or reduced in 67% of the joints wearing the Bauerfeind GenuTrain P3.
The optimal use of the GenuTrain P3 is likely to occur in conjunction with a directed physical rehabilitation program designed to treat patellofemoral dysfunction, as has been seen with the application of other braces.
Quick Take Features and Benefits
- The contoured silicone insert around the patella leaves the patella pressure-free and gently massages the soft tissue of the joint to improve circulation
- Innovative knit prevents bunching or pinching
- Three dimensional knit with covered patella avoids window edema (accumulation of fluid beneath the skin ) and swelling, yet keeps pressure off the knee cap.
- Breathable knit support provides controlled compression to decrease pain and swelling
- The medial and lateral joint bars and non-elastic straps facilitate optimal knee stabilization
- Graduated compression at the edges prevents constriction of circulation
- Designed to be worn during activity
- Machine washable
- Colors are black, titanium, nature
- Easy Pull-up sleeve application
- Will not retain heat. (Tommy Kono knee bands for weight lifting do retain heat and are intended to do so.)
|ORDER RIGHT OR LEFT |
Size is determined by loosely measuring:
|Size||Measure 6 " below center of knee||Measure 6 3/4" above knee|
|0||9 7/8 " - 11" below knee||13 3/4" - 15 above knee|
|1||11" - 12 1/4" below knee||15" - 16 1/8" above knee|
|2||12 1/4"- 13 3/8" below knee||16 1/8" - 17 1/4" above knee|
|3||13-3/8" to 14-1/2" below knee||17 1/4" - 18 1/2" above knee|
|4||14 1/2" - 15 3/4" below knee||18 1/2" - 19 3/4" above knee|
|5||15 3/4" - 17" below knee||19 3/4" - 20 7/8 " above knee|
|6||17" - 18 1/8" below knee||20 7/8 " - 22" above knee|
Finding the Proper Fit
Choose by measuring around your leg 6 inches below center of the knee and around your 6 3/4 inches above center of the knee. Then choose your color. This particular brace does require you to choose right or left.
Because the product is anatomically knit to best fit the body, it has a seam on the side of the support. The seam is very flat and not irritating.
What is the difference between GenuTrain and GenuTrain P3?
The GenuTrain P3 is specifically designed to treat patellar subluxation or shifting. While the GenuTrain has an integrated silicone patella insert, the silicone insert in the P3 has a tracking guide to prevent the patella from shifting out of place. It is also a little bit longer and has 4 stays, rather than 2, because the silicone insert is a lot larger than the GenuTrain insert.